1994 Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, N.Y. Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art and Design Education, Highest Honors
of Excellence: Outstanding Merit Award in Undergraduate Art and Design Education.
- Continuously awarded President’s and Dean’s list 1990-1994
- Pratt Circle Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement.
- Tribute to a Graduating
- Commencement Speaker for the graduating class
of Massachusetts at Dartmouth, Master of Art Education.
- Degree Cumulative G.P.A. of 3.81
Long term art substitute, Little Compton, Tiverton, RI
term art substitute, Tiverton High School, Rhode Island
Worked in the art department of North Kingstown School Department, R.I.
- Participated in over a dozen district wide meeting about improving art education in the schools. We analyzed student
work, teaching methods conferencing with professionals and curriculum coordinators, and an assistant superintendent.
1996-1997 Davisville Middle School, a Blue Ribbon School
1997-2003 Wickford Middle School
2003-2010 North Kingstown High School
lessons, and units for almost every two dimensional class offered at the school. Extremely proficient in teaching: Foundations
of Art, Drawing One, Drawing Two, Two Dimensional Design, Painting and Art History. Created specific curricula for many individual
students in independent study. Mentored students as interns in my class. Worked in department to streamline classes between
teachers. Lead teacher for creating a single final exam for all Foundations Of Art classes.
- Although I had been integral with the success of the students in the class since I arrived at the high school, in 2010
I officially taught Advanced Placement Studio Art. I advised the portfolio construction and reproduction, registration
of the students work for the final exam.
- Many of my students earned several gold
keys and silver keys in the National Scholastic Art Competition. One student painting received honorable mention from
Rep. Jack Reed’s art exhibit.
- Dozens of my students
from classes and art club have gone onto art majors and to art schools including Rhode Island School of Design, Savannah
College of Art and Design, Mass Art, Maine College of Art, Boston Art Institute, San Francisco Art Institute, Parsons and
- 2010 Part of team to analyze how to bring common formative
assessment to district. Anchor assignments studied and reviewed with Assistant Superintendent Phil Auget.
2010 to Present: Creator and Manager of Amos Trout Studio, LLC.
- Working as a private art teacher for secondary, and post secondary students. Also assists with creating successful
students portfolios, and informal college placement advice. Also works as an active artist that shows online, locally
and in outdoor shows.
2012 to Present: Metropolitan School
- After school art provider, reaching primarily ninth graders in the program. Students explore new media and expand their
skills based on their individual needs and interests. Students are exposed to printmaking, painting, and advanced drawing
Referrals available upon request.